Thursday, November 26, 2020

Qcy t5 pro Vs Qcy t1c




 I decided to get the qcy t5s after watching and reading tons of review, and I would like to have a fairly nice earbuds with volume control in a budget price. Within these price range, I come to 3 brands, qcy, haylou and xiaomi. Sadly, only qcy offers customise controls so I could add in volume controls through their app, and so, I'll have to give up haylou gt1 plus for it's aptx support. And why t5s? Because t5 doesn't support its apps and t9s has many comments that it's too big in size. While t7... Maybe I'll try a half in ear some other day. Too many other models to say...

But, I ended up buying the qcy t5pro and a additional qcy t1c on the 1111 sale due to a super discounted price. Since t5pro is another improvisation of the t5s with a amateur balance sound? It should sound better right? 

SOUND

It's such a surprise that after I tested it, I personally like the sound of the qcy t1c much more! The solid bass and vocals from the t1c really makes a value for it's price. While it's quite of a disappointment with the t5 pro where the bass isn't that full, the vocals are nice at mids, but are a little sharp and annoying at high. Both mics works nice and can be used in a stereo or mono mode.
(update: I adjusted t5 pro's equalizer from default to bass, it sounds much much more nicer! with this sound I would then prefer this!)

CONNECTION

Both connections reacts fast, connected once remove from its case putting it in your ears. Removing one side of it back to its case it will automatically turn into mono mode, picking it up back to your ears it will turn back to stereo,it only take seconds. Both claims of 10 meters distance, but the t5 pro seems to be able to be a few steps further. While the t1c sometimes would get disconnected half way listening to youtube, but within a second it will connects back, and it doesn't occur oftenly. (update: first time i wear this t1c to take the public transport. Once I put my phone in my pocket, the connection keeps connects and disconnects. This never happen at home...)  Works the same when connecting to the laptop. But I don't know why only the t1c displays the battery level of the earphones while t5 pro only display that it's connected, without the battery level when using it with laptop.(update:The battery level appear on my laptop after i disconnect it through its app, connect to the laptop then reconnect it to its app.)

CONTROLS and CHARGING

T5 pro supports wireless charging, but I don't have a wireless charger anyway... Charging with a micro usb, both takes about 2 hours. Downside on the t1c, it doesn't indicated how much battery are left in the case until it's totally off, and it claims to play continuously 3.5-4 hours of playback with a 350mah battery in its case for about 4 charges before you need to charge it. While t5 pro has 2 green lights for >90% one blinking for 30-90% and both blinking for <30% indications, and claims to play about 4-5 hours continuously with a 600 mah battery case. I doesn't seem to have a chance to wear it for more than 3 hours before putting it back to its case. So fine for both.

Both connects to its app perfectly, so I'm happy with the custom controls. But I prefer the t1c actual buttons as I know if I have really click it. While the t5 pro, maybe I'm still not that used to it, sometimes I don't know if i have adjusted the volume, it's like I have to touch many times. But one thing I really dislikes is the sensor that plays music once you put on, and pause once you remove them from your ears. This always activate my music when I'm on a call. A bit annoying, but since I can just stop it with another touch, so still acceptable.

COMFORT and DESIGN

Don't really like any earbuds stays in my ear for hours,  but both still acceptable on and off, have not tried a jog with any of it. I'll have to remove either side of the earbuds if I were lying one side on bed listening. While on the charging case, I'd prefer the t5 pro for it's indicator, longer battery life and it comes with a lid. Although the magnet in t1c holds good, I'd still be worry for dust or water that goes in to it in any circumstances.


LATENCY

Both seem to have a latency watching videos or youtube, but when that occur, stop and replay it seems to minimise the problem but it won't sync exactly, but I believe non of a bluetooth earphones can sync exactly anyway. I don't play games, so i don't know if the t5 pro gaming mode works good, but I tried to on it on a movie, and it doesn't seem to have any difference.


                                                    T 5 PRO                        T 1 C

SOUND                                            1                                     

CONNECTION                                1                                     

CONTROLS                                                                          1

BATTERY                                        1                                      

COMFORT                                      1                                    1

DESIGN                                           1                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)